Monday, April 04, 2005

National Kite Flying Month April 1st - 30th

One legend suggests that when a Chinese farmer tied a string to his hat to keep it from blowing away in a strong wind, the first kite was born.

All it takes is a buck and a few coins for tax at the everythings a dollar store you get 2 kites in one package. Even at the age of 50 I still have fun flying a kite even durning the night when the wind speed is about 20 miles per hour. I don't intend breaking any records with these 2 kites that are 26" high x 25" wide with 120 foot long cords it's just the sport of haveing fun.

When I was in the Navy we made one with tin foil, sticks, and glue but we were told to bring it down because it was messing up the ship's radar when it was around 5 miles away I don't remember how high it was.

I do have a hardbound book the title of it is "Kites" it's around here otherwise I would tell you what the author's name is.

Well another day is over and by the way go fly a kite you might learn something but don't fly it in a thunderstorm :-()

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home